When I finally made it downstairs the boys were quietly entertaining themselves which was a minor miracle in itself. It is week 2 of the Easter break and true to form, everyone has settled into a nice routine. The first week was a bit crazy; the weather didn’t; help but it always takes a week to 10 days before things settle. Because everyone was so mellow I decided to go with the flow and take whatever the day threw at me. Which was only delightful things.
Here are 20 feel goods that happened this morning.
- I didn’t get up until 9.20am.
- The boys didn’t request pancakes for breakfast. Everyone was content to eat slice after slice of toast and drink orange juice.
- We are not going to budge. One of the boys expressly asked last night if we could stay at home today. His wish is my command.
- For the second day during the Easter holidays, the boys stayed in their pyjamas.
- I am sitting on the stairs in perfect, warm sunlight drinking tea.
- The boys are not fighting at the moment. Xbox is entertaining them so I can sit on the stairs in golden sunshine and drink tea.
- There is washing on the clothes line. Actual washing.
- Last night we went out for a delicious meal in our local Asian restaurant. Very generous portion sizes meant the boys couldn’t possibly finish theirs so we took home doggy bags. Dinner is sorted for today; yellow Thai chicken curry.
- It is week 2 of the Easter holidays and it feels like there is ages left still.
- I am still on the stairs and no-one has come looking for me!
- Second cup of tea at my feet (and some Easter eggs) on the stairs.
- My floors are clean. Not such a big deal normally but they really needed doing.
- There is a second load of washing on.
- I am not wearing socks. I am wearing short sleeves and a short trousers.
- The back door is open and will stay that way until late evening.
- Smallest Boy has come in to remind me to put his “sun scream” on.
- There is fruit soaking in tea waiting to be turned into a tea brack.
- The bubble machine is being put through its paces.
- Putting a bottle of Pinot Grigio in the fridge for later!
- Having an actual conversation about putting up the picnic table umbrella.
Yes, it is a cracking day. Long may it last.