- Christmas Eve. Got my Santa on. Great fun. Unpacked Henry the hoover and discovered I was short a set of batteries. After all my warnings.
- Ignored Mister Husband’s advice about leaving something small at the foot of their bed.
- Off to bed. Funny smell. Fling back covers to discover dog had peed all over the duvet. Twice. Put cover in the wash and duvet outside for the bin.
- 2am. Woken by screams of delight. “Look what I found!” “Look what Santy left me!”
- Almost cried. Maybe did a little bit.
- Didn’t care that it was officially Christmas day. Unearthed my bah humbug face, issued mild threats and packed them all back into their beds.
- 7am. Now it’s Christmas day.
- Lots of pictures. Lots of presents. Lots of joy.
- Went for a run. Had the whole world to myself on a gorgeous, frosty, crispy Christmas morning.
- Shower. Dressed. Poached eggs for breakfast.
- Messed about with the kids and admired (again) what Santy brought them.
- Dinner. Wine. Leg of lamb. “Pink meat” for the boys (ham). More wine. Viennetta and sherry trifle.
- Helped with Lego and a Trash Pack Science kit.
- Box of chocolates in front of lots of The Big Bang Theory.
- Watched Tangled curled up with Lovely Liam and Smallest Boy.
- Day almost over now. Time for a G&T I think.
Wednesday, 25 December 2013
Christmas Day. How Did You Spend Yours?